The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Changes To This Policy:
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on the Website when they take effect. We encourage you to review our Policy regularly for changes and contact us if you have any concerns.
The Type Of Information We May Collect; How We May Use It
Most of your contact with our Website doesn’t require you to reveal any personal information. However, we have many opportunities for you to contact us for purposes of communications and business transactions via the Website. Some instances where you’ll be giving us your personal information:
● Completing and submitting any of the electronic inquiry, information request, contact or comment forms made available to you.
● Sending us email through any of the email addresses provided via the Website.
● Accessing and/or utilizing any password-protected portions of our Website or any customer-specific portions of the Website.
● Signing up for Company email alerts.
● Ordering products from or conducting other online transactions with us.
If you don’t want us collecting information about you, please don’t do any of the items listed above.
Once we have collected your information, we may use it to:
● Return contact when you’ve asked questions or requested information.
● Get you things you’ve ordered off of our Website.
● Keep internal records.
● Improve our products and services.
● Send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
● Contact you from time to time.
● Learn about customer needs and interests.
● Any other purposes authorized by you or for any other purposes disclosed on our Website at the time you provide your personal information.
Non-Personal Information; Cookies:
We may utilize “cookies” in connection with our Website. A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. They enable servers to recognize your computer when it visits a website again (which, in some cases, eliminates the need to re-enter your information). Cookies help website owners analyze data about webpage traffic and improve site functionality to meet customer needs or desires. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can then tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Overall, cookies help provide you with better websites, by enabling website owners to understand which web pages you find useful and which you do not. The choice is yours: you can choose to accept or decline cookies. However, disabling cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website you are browsing. Changes to how your computer handles cookies are dealt with through your web browser.
When We May Share Your Information:
Like most companies, we hire third parties such as agents and contractors to provide certain administrative and other business-related services on our behalf (e.g. accountants, shipping companies, companies that help administer our Websites or process transactions for us, etc.). We may disclose personal and non-personal information to these third-party service providers as needed to perform the services for which they have been hired.
In addition, we may disclose personal and non-personal information outside of our Company if you direct us to do so, or if we are required to do so such as to comply with legal process or to protect the Company’s rights and property. In the event that The Walk of Life Counseling Center, LLC is ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal and non-personal information contained therein, to the third party acquiring the respective Company or Companies.
Under the United States Patriot Act, we may be restricted from notifying individuals that such information has been disclosed.
While we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, through things like passwords and firewalls, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy. Regardless of the precautions taken by you or by us, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
Links To Other Websites:
Our Website has links to other websites. Once you navigate away from our Website, this Policy no longer applies. We encourage you to read and consent to their respective privacy policies before submitting any information to them.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected]
You may also request to review, update, correct and/or delete any personal information that you provided to us via our Website by contacting us at:
The Walk of Life Counseling Center, LLC
3032 Briarcliff Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30329